The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has as mission to educate students and advance knowledge in science and technology, and some other areas that can best serve the nation of united states and the world.
Find furthermore university rankings list for almost all universities
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Academics Programs
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Biological Engineering
- Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computational and Systems Biology
- Comparative Media Studies/Writing
- Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
- Institute for Data, Systems, and Society
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Global Studies and Languages
- Health Sciences and Technology
- Linguistics and Philosophy
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Media Arts and Sciences
- Music and Theater Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Political Science
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Urban Studies and Planning
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) schools
Spanning 5 schools engineering, architecture and planning, humanities, arts, and management, social sciences; science and almost 30 academics programs, an education at MIT is more than just technology and science.
School of Architecture and Planning
Sloan School of Management
School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Find more academic programs details from the course catalog visit
MIT has more than 11,000 graduate and undergraduate students, some 1,000 faculty members, and more than 130,000 living alumni.
At its founding in 1861 a community of hands-on problem solving in love and was an educational innovation, with fundamental science that eager to make the world a better place. That spirit still MIT guides to educate students and how we shape the new digital learning technologies and therefore to make MIT teaching accessible to every learners around the world.
MIT’s spirit of multidisciplinary exploration has fueled a lot of scientific technological advances and breakthroughs.
Few examples: the 1st chemical synthesis of vitamin A and penicillin.
The creation of inertial guidance systems and development of radar.
Invention of magnetic core memory and that enabled the development of digital computers.
Pioneering 3D printing and Major contributions to the Human Genome Project furthermore The discovery of quarks. The invention of encryption systems as a result that enable e-commerce and of the electronic spreadsheet. The creation of GPS and The concept of the expanding universe.